Monday, April 26, 2010

LONG TIME NO BLOG...

I can't believe it has been almost a month sine my last update.  SORRY!  It has just been really hectic with the house work, Kason starting TeeBall, etc..

Also the house was in cover up mode for quite some time so pictures were not really interested.  Once the wood floors were redone and granite counters put in we covered everything up to prime, paint, etc..  Each new room had to be painted FOUR times...two coats of primer, one coat of ceiling paint and two coats of color.  So that was taking up ALOT of time.  We also had an issue with one of the color we (really I) picked.  I color matched a benjamin moore color- Smokey Taupe to a Valspar color and it came out WAY TOO DARK!  This color was going to be used in the family room, hallway, stairs and living room.  Well I did the stairs and both Jon and I agreed it was too dark.  We did not want the downstairs to look like a cave.  So, even though I wanted a distinct color on the walls we decided to go with an off white to keep the rooms looking large and bright.  I was dissappointed but I am glad that it does not look like a cave!!  We also did not want it to be too matchy to the dining room/kitchen color since the living/dining rooms are so close.

Here are pics of refinished hardwoods:


I will try to get some new pictures soon...problem now is that everything is piled up in the rooms since we moved out of storage this past weekend...so until we are settled I will probably hold off on pictures.  Not everything is going our way or the way I had pictured but I am living with it.  I get upset at first then start to calm down.  I need some second opinions on a few things as well...like is my chandelier, which I really wanted sooo badly- TOO BIG?  And does it hang too low?  I can't have it any higher or it would look funny...wish I took a pictures to show...time will tell and I will just have to live with some of these things!

Here is pic of some of the kitchen cabinets with hardware on, from a few weeks ago...no countertop pics yet...sorry!



And the shower stall downstairs:



I will try to update sooner rather than later next time!

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment